Terms and Conditions
(1) The Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs (as well as the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and the Quarterly Journal of Studies on Alcohol) and its online versions are copyrighted by Alcohol Research Documentation (ARD), Inc., and are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws and conventions. Authorized users (paid subscribers and nonsubscribers paying for individual articles) may download, print, or store .pdf articles for individual, noncommerical uses only.
(2) Duplication or reproduction of any article (either in whole, in part, in print, or on the Internet) without the express written consent of ARD is a violation of copyright law and is strictly prohibited. The posting of this article (in its entirety or any part) anywhere on the Internet–including but not limited to personal Web sites, institutional repositories, electronic bulletin boards, and repositories of granting agencies–is strictly prohibited without the prior, express written consent of ARD.
(3) ARD will make every effort to keep this Web site available at all times. This Web site, however, may occasionally be unavailable because of maintenance, technical difficulties, and other reasons. ARD is not responsible for the nonavailability of this Web site.
(4) ARD maintains the right to alter the Terms and Conditions at its discretion and to deny access to this Web site to anyone who breaches the Terms and Conditions. ARD reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs Web site at any time.
(5) ARD requests that institutional subscribers fulfill Interlibrary Loan requests through print, fax, or standard electronic means.
(6) All current, paid subscribers to the journal are entitled to online access to the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs (2007-present) and the Journal of Studies on Alcohol (1975-2006). Full-text access to these articles is maintained for the duration of an active subscription and terminates if and when subscription payment lapses.